NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Rehab Svcs - Acute Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Reports to the Clinical Director/Therapy Manager and Coordinators and works under the supervision of licensed rehabilitation clinicians. Extends care of Physical, Occupational and/or Speech Therapy staff as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team. Performs clerical functions and clinical functions. Actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Supports LEAN activities and adapts to changing environment to meet patient and department needs. Advocates for NHRMC, Rehabilitation Services, patients, and coworkers.
1. Assists with treatment under the direction and supervision of a licensed therapy clinician.
2. Performs clerical functions involving inventory control, audits, therapy schedule systems, ordering supplies or equipment, and other similar activities.
3. Assists in the preparation, transfer, and/or transport of patients, equipment, and/or supplies.
4. Adheres to NHRMC policies/procedures and standards established by CMS, accrediting body, CARF, and/or other regulatory agencies.
5. Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment in office, storage, and treatment areas including performing assigned daily, weekly, or monthly tasks.
* General Education Degree
Experience: None required. One year of working in a support role in a rehabilitation or health services field preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!