Nurse Anesthetist - CF - Anesthesia
This job posting is no longer active.
5301 Wrightsville Avenue
Job ID: 1461
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CF - Anesthesia
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager/Coordinator and the medical direction of the physicians. Provides age specific patient care for patients in developmental stages neonate (0-28 days) through geriatrics (72+ years) using established guidelines of clinical privileges approved by the Chairman of the Department of Anesthesia. Administers all forms of general, regional and monitored anesthesia care to maximize patient outcome. Provides the care and other duties as designated by the AANA scope of practice.
1. Assess and evaluate all patients according to their specific age development stage and diagnosis.
2. Plans, implements and documents appropriate age-specific care.
3. Provides comprehensive monitoring modalities, to include insertion of invasive lines for all patients receiving anesthesia as indicated.
4. Establishes and manages airways for all anesthetics and emergent situations, using all current techniques. Establishes and monitors region techniques according to own expertise.
5. Checks and maintains anesthetic equipment and supplies
6. Maintains clinical and professional competency according to department policies and procedures
7. Performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image on the department and the medical center.
8. Gives input into performance appraisals on staff as directed by the management team.
9. Coaches and recognize staff for job performance.
10. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
11. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
12. Facilitates and provides physiological, developmental, and spiritual care for the patient.
* Registered Nurse
* Cert RN Anesthetist
* Associate Degree
Experience: At least 2 years experience in patient care, preferable in ICU. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!