NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center Annex
Department: Enterprise Analytics
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Data Governance Coordinator will collaborate with business, clinical, operational and data/reporting leads within the organization to coordinate/support the enterprise Data & Analytics Data Governance program. This role will mediate and bridge leaders across functional areas and lead the effort of managing data as an asset, and develop and execute data governance policies, procedures, and best practices. In addition, the position will lead the enhancement of data standards to ensure that data captured are complete, accurate and accessible. Develop and maintain an enterprise Business Glossary that defines and communicates data and information assets. This role must advance data governance inclusive of people, process, and technology in alignment with the Enterprise Analytics mission, road map, strategies and the evolvement of those strategies.
1. Coordinate and prepare materials for the Data & Analytics Oversight and Data Governance meetings and provide support by documenting minutes and action items, responding to assigned tasks when due and supporting data management effort
2. Serve as a liaison between business, functional areas and information technology to ensure the enterprise data governance strategy is clearly defined, communicated, understood and implemented
3. Develop and support data owner/data stewardship and operational structure (standardize roles and responsibilities) for data governance initiatives across the enterprise
4. Engage with the industry to learn about best practices, gain insightful competitive and regulatory intelligence to help in building excellence in our data strategy and governance initiatives
5. Develop and execute data governance communications and training
6. Coordinate operations of the data governance program
7. Implement data-related best practices, policies, and procedures (data catalog, business glossaries, data standardization, MDM, metadata, processes standardization)
8. Standardize all vocabularies/glossaries/terminology and KPIs, ensure transparency and consistency in all data outputs
9. Create a data driven community to cross pollinate knowledge and expertise and promote collaboration
10. Partner with technical resources to support and advance the technology leg of governance, creating project plans with tasks, milestones, due dates, and responsibilities as needed
11. Evaluate and recommend build/buy technology strategies as data governance evolves
12. Define processes to support governance coupled with the enterprise analytics road map including but not limited to process flow diagrams, standards of work documents, and project plans
13. Execute defined processes including but not limited to communication, teaching, monitoring and continued improvement
14. Facilitate project management of data governance initiatives and projects
15. Facilitate organizational learning and adoption of data governance
16. Partner with Analytics Project Managers / Partners and Analytics Developers to understand scope of analytical projects and move those relevant dimensions/measures into a governed state with consistency, transparency and trust
17. Advocate for the department and serve as data and analytics governance advisor
18. Provide outstanding customer service with elevated professionalism and accessibility, protecting and advancing team’s purpose, strategy and brand
19. Support the advancement and execution of enterprise data and analytics delivery, strategy and roadmap
20. Demonstrate strong analytical skills, working industry knowledge, problem solving skills, decision making and inquisitiveness
* Bachelors Degree
Experience: 3-5 years relevant experience in analytics, business management, data management, business intelligence, clinical quality, information technology, clinical informatics, HIM. 2y ears’ relevant healthcare industry experience. Basic knowledge and exposure to data governance, reporting/analytics. Strong Microsoft Office skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must. Proven and routine attention to detail, organization, quality and deadlines. Proven and consistent track record of teamwork, communication and ownership. Preferred Experience: Data governance, Project management, Experience with the following technologies / systems: Microsoft BI Stack, QlikView, Crystal, Epic, Strata, Infor. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!