Anesthesia Technician I - Anesthesia (EMT Preferred)
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 1277
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2020
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR ROT - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Anesthesia Support. Assists Anesthesiologist and CRNA’s in the preparation and maintenance of all anesthesia monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems. Assists in the management of equipment and supplies required for the administration of Anesthesia.
1. Assists Anesthesia provider in basic equipment preparation and between case turnovers consistent with competency evaluation.
2. Assists Anesthesia provider the set up and application of intravenous fluid consistent with competency evaluation.
3. Assists Anesthesia provider with maintenance, acquisition of and application of airway equipment consistent with competency evaluation.
4. Assists Anesthesia provider with acquisition and application of invasive line placement consistent with competency evaluation.
5. Assists Anesthesia provider with performing basic laboratory point of care testing for arterial blood gas analysis, blood coagulation test, serum glucose test, serum electrolytes test consistent with competency evaluation.
6. Performs Anesthesia maintenance consistent with competency evaluation.
7. Sets up Cell Saver for collection consistent with competency.
8. Assists Manager of Anesthesia Support with logistics to include inventory ordering and stocking of Anesthesia equipment and supplies.
9. Assists Anesthesia provider with transport of surgical patients as needed.
10. Performs Biological Testing and sterilization with Steris System One.
* Certified Anesthesia Tech
* High School Diploma
Experience: One (1) year experience related to clinical monitoring preferred. EMT or prior hospital patient care preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!