NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: OR Materials Management
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Inventory Control Associate has the primary responsibility of performing regular inventories of all non-stock and stock inventories with and for assigned departments This position will evaluate department needs, maintaining appropriate stock levels and determining reorder quantities to be forwarded for reorder. Requires minimal to no direct supervision and acts as a department resource in the absence of senior staff. Ensures minor patient equipment is properly prepared for distribution. Assists in the training of new employees. Conducts topical departmental in-services.
1. Assists in, or may be primarily responsible for, maintaining par levels of appropriate non-stock supplies by reordering those supplies on behalf of the location or to maintain areas own operation, through the MMIS requisition function. Assists in establishing product par levels by providing usage information to customer, ensuring cost effective management of product.
2. Works with customer and Purchasing on backorders, possible stock out and critical level situations on non-stock items, working with Clinical Resource Manager to identify product substitutes, if needed.
3. Looks for opportunities to consolidate inventory stocking locations and reduce duplicate items, while managing the disposition of obsolete or expired product, following current departmental policies.
4. Receiving requires the inspection and verification of all incoming freight, products and equipment, verifying the packing slip to the purchase order, checking that the product received matches the product ordered and the quantity received matches the quantity ordered and properly recording in the MMIS system.
5. Works with Inventory Discrepancy Assoc when there are receipt discrepancies to ensure that discrepancies are corrected. Assists in the preparation of product and equipment requiring return to the vendor. If needed, notifies Accounts Payable of discrepancy to ensure accurate payment is made.
6. Delivers product to the appropriate internal location, obtaining signature from end user.
7. Ensures STAT and refrigerated orders are delivered to customers within the specified time limit.
8. Processes capital equipment receipts, including the verification of asset numbers and printing the appropriate asset tags for the equipment received.
9. Central processing staff responsible, as required, test durable patient care equipment items and prepare for redistribution. Also responsible for the selection, assembly and disassembling of traction hardware.
10. Serve as a mentor for new employees, assisting in orientation to the department and training on equipment and systems.
11. Conduct periodic departmental in-services
12. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* High School Diploma
Experience: 1 year experience in transport of commodities. Experience with operating a vehicle with a trailer attached. Experience in operating a twenty foot van and a forklift preferred. Knowledge of Hazardous Materials transport preferred. 2 years experience in warehousing and/or a distribution type environment. 1-year experience in inventory management. 1year experience using an automated inventory control preferred. 1 year hands on experience with supply management and establishing par levels preferred. Knowledge and complete understanding of the procurement process. 1 year experience with shipping, receiving and distribution functions required. Prefer surgical materials management experience and/or in a Central Service Department or related field (Operating Room Technician, Labor and Delivery Room Assistant, Medical Corpsman etc.) Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!