NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Intensive Cardiac Rehab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Registered Nurse Case Manager (RNCM) is responsible for actively coordinating and monitoring all clinical aspects of the program intervention. With the clinical oversight of the Medical Director, the RNCM ensures the appropriate selection of participants, monitors participant safety, and assures safe care transition of participants upon completion of the 72-hour Program. The RNCM assesses participant’s clinical response to the interdisciplinary treatment plan and directs communication to the appropriate specialist, Medical Director and/or referring/primary physician. Provides leadership for weekly case conferences and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team to ensure the quality and clinical effectiveness of the Program. The RNCM functions as a super user of Healthways electronic platform, DiaWeb.
- Identifies potential participants and coordinates the screening and intake process.
- Determines the eligibility of potential participants with the oversight of the Medical Director.
- Performs regular, ongoing health assessments on each participant, consults the multidisciplinary delivery team as appropriate, and updates the interdisciplinary treatment plan as needed. Health assessments will be conducted at baseline, prior to each program session, and as needed by patient presentation.
- Participates in the Program’s interactive lecture series and in the ongoing education of participants as needed.
- Delivers educational lectures as needed
- Coordinates and documents the participant’s access to and follow-up of resources and
interventions recommended by the team.
- Facilitates and participates in the care transition plan for each participant who completes and/or does not complete the Program.
- Attends and participates in mandatory monthly element specialist calls hosted by the Ornish
National Training Center.
- Assists the Program Manager with efforts to actively promote the Program to prospective participants
- Completes requests for reimbursement procedures as outlined by contracted and non-contracted payers.
- Attains electronic health record super user status, is available to the team for questions regarding the electronic health record, and monitors ongoing documentation of each participant’s health status in response to the intervention throughout the program.
- Responsible for completion of the electronic platform, Diaweb, and the data collection required
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary development, implementation and evaluation of the
interdisciplinary treatment plan for each participant.
- Coordinates and leads weekly team meetings/care conferences and participates in the monitoring and documentation of the participant’s response to the interdisciplinary treatment plan throughout the intervention.
- Immediately available at all times to the participants and the delivery team during all 4-hour
- Provides clinical updates to the Medical Director, referring/primary physician, Program Director(s) and to all members of the team.
- Adheres to, performs, and evaluates a multidisciplinary emergency procedure/protocol to assure participant safety in all aspects of the Program.
- Assists the Exercise Physiologist with the monitoring of the exercise element of the Program.
- Assists the Stress Management Specialist in the stress management sessions as needed.
- Assists the Group Support Facilitator during the Group Support element sessions as needed
- Facilitates a high level of participant satisfaction
- Models the program by embodying its principles, philosophy and practices.
- Provides support to Ornish Alumni Community as needed
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Licensure / Certifications: License to practice nursing in state of NC required.BLS and ACLS required.ACLS may be completed within 90 days of initial hire and maintained thereafter.
Experience: Minimum of two years clinical experience in adult cardiovascular nursing and/or cardiac rehabilitation. Formal education/training in cardiac rehabilitation and/or exercise physiology preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!