Reg Respiratory Therapist - PMH - Respiratory Therapy
507 E Freemont St
Date Posted: Jan 18, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12 HR Nights
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Coordinator. Provides direct patient care to patients in all clinical area, including evaluations and treatments according to procedural guidelines.
1. Administers to patients in age group of neonate through geriatric a variety of simple and complex respiratory and cardiology modalities.
2. Maintains appropriate patient records/documentation. Records documentation at time procedure is performed.
3. Cleans, disinfects, assembles, calibrates, maintains respiratory and cardiology equipment and accessories. Evaluates equipment for proper and safe function. Reports malfunctions to director.
4. Performs arterial puncture and analyzes sample according to procedure guidelines.
5. Interacts with co-workers, nurses, physicians, other hospital personnel to optimize continuum of care for patient being treated.
6. Participates in ongoing performance improvements within the department by offering ideas to improve quality of patient care and overall efficiency of the department.
7. Responds to Code Blue and other emergencies that could require Respiratory support.
* Lic Resp Care Practitioner
* Reg Respiratory Therapist
* Associate Degree
Experience: Minimum 2 years prior experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!