NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: IS Business Applications
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Application Analyst has primary responsibility for analysis, design, build, testing, validation, and ongoing support of IT applications. Responsible for obtaining and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the software functionality, and acquiring knowledge of the operational department representatives. Design a future-state workflow and build the system to support the new workflow. Duties may include build, testing, maintenance, and problem resolution. The Application Analyst works with customers across interdisciplinary workgroups using technical knowledge and a system-based approach to system design to support the organization’s mission and strategic initiatives while promoting patient safety and positive patient outcomes.
Knowledge, Experience & Education
1. Ability to provide value-added support to one or more applications.
2. Independently motivated to seek knowledge through self-education, mentoring, etc. in areas pertaining to their current position.
1. Participates in end user discussions regarding workflows associated with upcoming enhancements or system changes.
2. Performs the evaluation, testing, and implementation of defect patches, system upgrades and releases according to the Information Services support model and change control procedures.
3. Evaluates and recommends business process and technology driven enhancement opportunities.
4. Participates in planning for application system changes to meet regulatory requirements.
5. Ability to effectively analyze and resolve simple to moderate issues.
6. Can identify the “root cause” of problem and facilitate problem resolution.
7. Understands the interdependency between applications from both an operations and system perspective on simple to moderate level.
8. Adept at multi-tasking.
Independence and Leadership
1. Manages individual work efforts and completes assignments under limited supervision.
2. Effectively participates as a member of a project team.
3. Identifies process and performance improvement opportunities and works with team/leadership on ideas and solutions to enhance team and departmental functions.
4. Actively promotes collaboration and strives to achieve team and organizational goals while seeking coaching and mentoring from others.
5. Demonstrates ability and willingness to assume greater responsibilities. Provides subject matter expertise to help improve team performance and drive results. Embraces and promotes change, innovation and leads by example.
Organization and Industry Knowledge
1. Aware of current market trends and emerging technology developments that impact individual and team work.
2. Understands team processes and needs.
3. Demonstrates commitment to learning by actively participating in department meetings, organizational training opportunities and career development goals.
1. Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions. Does not make excuses for errors. Acknowledges and corrects own mistakes, following the Just Culture Model.
2. Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, modeling IS Standards of Performance, governance and performance management processes.
3. Completes work, which is thorough, complete and does not require assignment to be redone. Work is completed in a manner that accomplishes the desired results and meets or exceeds standards of acceptability.
4. Holds self personally accountable to meet or exceed team expectations.
1. Is aware of how processes and systems affect the organization.
2. Doesn't make assumptions. Asks questions about the processes
3. Considers multiple alternatives to resolve work problems. Recognizes sources of available information and establishes facts to recommend solutions.
Quality and Safety
1. Understands the importance of and complies with incident and request responsiveness to minimize business disruptions and safety risks.
2. Understands the risks and consequences that errors in work could have on patient care and/or organizational finances.
3. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision and values of NHRMC.
Interpersonal Relationship Skills
1. Interacts with team members and customers in a courteous, respectful and reciprocal manner.
2. Develops effective working relationships with others.
3. Practices attentive and active listening.
4. Expresses thoughts and feelings openly with intent of making positive contributions to help the team/dept and customers.
5. Can identify and manage difficult situations with minimal support
1. Demonstrates effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication in a professional style, both inside and outside of department, with customers in mind.
2. Matches communication style to the message and the audience.
3. Applies communication skills to facilitate mutual understanding in small and medium group settings (team meetings, presentations, project discussions).
4. Communicates proactively with customers, peers and management, with minimal assistance.
1. Understands and helps communicate shared vision, goals, objectives and values of team.
2. Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team by assisting and working collaboratively with others. Communicates strengths, shares expertise and draws upon other member’s skills to improve team performance.
3. Recognizes, values and supports other team member contributions.
4. Helps develop, respects and reinforces team processes.
5. Contributes and helps facilitate team decisions. Respects and actively supports team decisions once they are made.
6. Acknowledges and celebrates the achievements of team and teammates.
7. Performs duties collaboratively
* EPIC Certification
* Bachelors Degree
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required.(Current employees who were hired or transitioned into this position before Mar 1, 2019 are grandfathered using the educational requirement in place at the time they were hired or transitioned into the core job title(s) of Business Application Analyst, IT Analyst, Pharmacy Analyst I, Clinical Application Analyst, Ancillary Application Analyst)
Experience: Experience as an analyst designing, implementing, testing and supporting vendor packaged software applications preferred. Experience in health care setting preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!