NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager. Provides continuous monitoring services to nursing care units through out the hospital. Specially trained in cardiac rhythm analysis and EKG patterns. Provides rhythm analysis, documents and interpret rhythm strips and communicates with Licensed Care Provider rhythm and rhythm changes. Interacts with patients, physicians, nursing staff, biomedical engineers and purchasing department staff. Assists in Code Blue as needed, enters telemetry charges in computer.
1. Greet patients upon admission, explains telemetry equipment and procedure.
2. Attaches electrodes and lead wires determining best lead placement for patient. Re-assess placement every shift or as needed.
3. Maintains working knowledge/expertise of all monitoring equipment. Utilizes computerized arrhythmia system for data collection. Enters and discontinues patient telemetry in computer.
4. Continuously monitors rhythms with analysis and interpretation, documents and mount rhythm strips.
5. Responds appropriately to lethal and pre-lethal arrhythmia’s and reports to nursing staff.
6. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
7. Assists in performing routine EKGs on cardiac telemetry unit and routine house EKGs from 3PM to 7AM daily.
8. Assists in appropriately cleaning of equipment.
9. Assists with planning telemetry budget as requested by Director/Manager.
10. Maintains work area and adequate supplies.
11. Responsible for 24-hour coverage for department based on autonomous staffing policy, by maintaining and adjusting schedules to enhance team performance.
12. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork
* General Education Degree
Experience: Previous experience in telemetry monitoring preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!