NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: OH Surgical Waiting Room
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.600000
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Nurse Manager. Transports patients between departments, assists with transports for discharge, as well as assists the patient liaison to oversee smooth operations of the OH surgical waiting rooms.
1. Transports patients by stretcher, bed, wheelchair, or walking. Provides safe environment of care for patients during transport and upon arrival to the receiving department.
2. Reports changes in the patient status to primary care team for follow up.
3. Assists patients by lifting and transferring from bed to stretcher, bed to wheelchair, etc.
4. Removes soiled linen and replenishes clean linen for on transport equipment.
5. Monitors and corrects any identified issues in bed holding area as requested.
6. Ensures that transport equipment is maintained properly.
7. Assists patients and family members by responding to inquiries and providing information based on departmental and organizational policy.
8. Guides and directs patients and visitors to appropriate departments.
9. Demonstrates competence and efficiency with Voalte phone system.
10. Assists patient liaison with waiting room coverage, minor housekeeping, and rounding on visitors.
11. Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, assisting others, cleans work area and transportation equipment, etc.
* General Education Degree
Experience: Experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!