The Network Engineer II provides technical leadership for specific Network Infrastructure systems including: wireless, local and wide area networks for data, voice and video to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of systems and applications that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and equipment. The Network Engineer II will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The Network Engineer II provides Tier 3 and 4 level support within the organization.
1. Technical Team leader for the Network Infrastructure technical team responsible for the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems with basic to moderate complexity. In addition to support the wireless, voice, video, intrusion prevention, firewalls, web filtering, local area, and wide area networks.
2. Work with the Solution Architect to ensure specific implementation goals and requirements are met related to network infrastructure both on premise and cloud based and those systems are aligned with organizational goals and objectives following best practices.
3. Maintain, support and install network infrastructure hardware and appliances including, but not limited to:
a. Cisco Routers and Switches - Wireless Controllers and access points - DNS/DHCP equipment - Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls - Routing protocols - Management & troubleshooting tools - Remote Access - Network monitoring and network trouble isolation and resolution.
4. Provide technical mentorship to other technical teams.
5. Provides Tier 3 and 4 level support by responding to escalated Help Desk requests from end-users; defining priorities, answering questions and resolving problems. This support includes participating in the IS on-call rotation.
6. Perform subject matter expert duties in working group settings collaborating with peers from other work centers.
7. Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in Network Infrastructure technology, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
8. Works with Solutions Architects and Network Infrastructure Technical Teams to engineer systems to accommodate the growth and integrity of existing network systems using strong communication while implementing best security practices.
9. Work on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead effectively communicating system upgrades and downtimes while escalating issues within the organization as needed.
10. Troubleshoots problems with Network Infrastructure technologies and applications.
11. Maintains current and orderly reference library, including working with Network Infrastructure technical teams to maintain up-to-date documentation and comprehensive inventory of all supported systems.
12. Helps define and maintain standards, procedures and policies relating to Network Infrastructure technologies for data, voice and video networks.
13. Works with technical support vendors to resolve systems issues and problems. Works closely with the Technical Teams and IS Manager to document levels of maintenance to include vendor contact, support contracts and or spare parts and or redundant system information and maintains the information monthly/quarterly and annually.
14. Communicates effectively to provide optimal support of the organization’s Information Technology needs in a manner that promotes a professional climate.
15. Helps the Information Services Manager prepare annual budgets.
16. Participates on A3 committees as subject matter expert or advisor.
17. Submits and reviews all Change Control Requests submitted by Network Services
* Cisco Cert Ntwork Assoc
* Bachelors Degree
(Current employees who were hired or transitioned into this position before Mar 1, 2019 are grandfathered using the educational requirement in place at the time they were hired or transitioned into the core job title(s) Network Engineer II) Experience: 5 years supporting and implementing LAN/WAN wireless and Optical Technologies. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.