The Manager works under the direction of the Director. Manages the operations of Sterile Processing for the health system to provide timely, cost effective, high quality services that fulfill the needs of patients, operating rooms, outside clinics, physicians, and staff. The Manager of Sterile Processing will be accountable for supervising all sterile processing activities, ranging from scheduling, educating, and training to planning, managing and coordinating activities involved in the acquisition, decontamination, storage, assembly, cleaning and sterilization of medical, surgical and related supplies, materials and equipment utilized in the care and treatment of patients and the operation of Sterile Processing.
1. Participates in and actively supports New Hanover Regional Medical Center Standards of Performance.
2. Assures that all Sterile Processing services are consistent with the Mission, plans, goals, and objectives of the health system.
3. Responsible for overall staffing functions and programs including:
a. Screening, hiring, orientation and retaining of personnel; including coaching, reward, and recognition for job performance.
b. Evaluations, competency testing, performance appraisals, job descriptions and wok scheduling.
c. Wage and salary application, promotions, coaching, and discipline.
4. Establish and maintain an education program for Sterile Processing across the health system through in-services and on-going education.
5. Establish & implement annual goals for Sterile Processing that support the goals of the health system.
6. Responsible for the development and adherence to departmental budget & productivity standards. 7. Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with other departments within the Health System and with the Medical Staff.
8. Interface regularly with operating room & materials management staff, physicians, nurses and other personnel regarding products, supplies, equipment, services, instrumentation, and other issues necessary to perform designated patient care medical and surgical procedures. 9. Develop and implement policies, procedures and maintain quality assurance initiatives as required by external review agencies to ensure that established standards are maintained.
10. Coordinates work flow & performance assessments with all applicable departments serviced to improve quality of work and promote a positive intra-departmental relationship.
11. Participates in performance improvement initiatives and completes audits.
12. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services and committees.
* Cert Reg Central Sterile Tech
* High School Diploma
Experience: 5 years in a Sterile Processing Department; including 2 years in a supervisory capacity. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.