NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Company Police
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.200000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direct supervision of the Sergeant or designated representative. Performs activities to ensure the safety and security of patients, visitors, employees, Medical Staff, and NHRMC property.
1. Performs all assigned duties and requested services in a professional manner while displaying a positive teamwork attitude toward all customers.
2. Functions as a Security Officer ensuring safety and compliance to policies and procedures of the Network. Educates staff in properly wearing of the Network’s ID badges. Assists vendors and contractors with obtaining ID badges while on campus. Take on the role of an information resource person.
3. Performs operational requirements to include, but not limited to maintain high visibility to identify resolve potential violent situations; provide transports escorts; render vehicle assistance; effect traffic parking control; proper disposition of expired individuals; provide assistance as required / requested form customers; respond to STAT’s Codes, and emergency situations; assists Officers with follow ups on investigations, unlocking/securing doors.
4. Affects timely resolution of situations, which will reduce overall liability issues in the execution of required duties and responsibilities.
5. Maintains rapport with internal and external contacts at all levels of NHRMC and outside agencies to include state and local law enforcement agencies; other Healthcare facilities, Medical Examiners, and recognized professional organizations to promote NHRMC’s image and philosophy.
6. As required participates in the development of projects and study of specific issues requiring a proposal or concept.
7. Maintains proficiency in the knowledge of required duties procedures of the NHRMC Security Management Program to ensure compliance with JCAHO standards.
8. Must meet all training mandated by Special Police / NHRMC.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Prefer one year in health care setting or equivalent. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!