NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: IS InfrastructureServices
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Manager of Enterprise Media Technologies works under the supervision of the Director of IS Customer Service and manages Enterprise Media Technology personnel responsible for providing media production, meeting and conferencing facilities support, and maintaining clinical and business applications for New Hanover Regional Medical Center and SEAHEC staff and clients. The Manager of Enterprise Media Technologies needs the skill set to design and support room display systems, software videoconferencing applications with USB peripherals, large format LCD/LED displays and classroom control systems as well as enhancing the department’s ability to maintain and support them. The Enterprise Media Technology team generates graphic and video production output, sometimes physical output (CDs, DVDs, Photo prints, printed publications) but more frequently to a digital output (MP4 video files and web-based graphic / published content).
- Manages Enterprise Media Technology staff; allocates resources and provides technical support and training to support faculty and staff in the use of computer classrooms, interactive video classrooms and multimedia technology used across the systems.
- Manages and supervises staff in production of photographic, graphic and video content to support the organization.
- Manages and supervises staff in supporting multimedia events in on and off-site conference rooms and multipurpose halls. Includes design and consultation with NHRMC and SEAHEC staff for appropriate equipment support for multimedia events.Serves as the primary point-of-contact with audio/visual contacts at partnering/off-campus venues and evaluates quality of services provided.
- Provides consultations with administrators and project managers in the development and sustainability of conference rooms and multimedia event spaces, including dedicated Board of Trustees meeting spaces.
- Manages the in-house design and installation of appropriate room / system control systems.
- Works with NHRMC departments and SEAHEC to assess education and conference needs for audio video hardware and software; develops purchase recommendations consistent with budgets and identified needs.
- Supports established telehealth technologies and is seen as a resource for further telehealth applications.
- Manages the infrastructure and deployment of clinical and business applications under the auspices of Enterprise Media Technology.
- Manages the vendor accounts supplying TV to in-house MATV distribution plants to include inserted content such as the CARE Channel.
- Coordinates internal and external requests for use of NHRMC and SEAHEC facilities and systems.
- Provides inventory management for all technology used to support Enterprise Media Technology activities.
- Provides vision and planning for future growth and sustainability of NHRMC conference spaces, meeting rooms and clinical/business applications utilizing audio/video technology.
- Develops, administers, and monitors assigned budget.Approves invoices and manages expenses.
- Researches equipment and software for budget requests and grant submissions.
15.Manages vendor relationships to ensure appropriate service levels are achieved.Negotiates vendor contracts and service level agreements.
- Remains current on trends and technology changes; evaluates new hardware, software, and related equipment for functionality and fit for current and future operating environment and user needs.
- Utilize excellent written and verbal communications to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain positive customer relationships while promoting and ensuring adherence to I.S. standards of compliance, data security, privacy, licensing, etc.
- Act as strong customer advocate and liaison while promoting the IS departments.
- Develop new procedures or strengthen existing procedures using LEAN methodologies and the Voice of the Customer.
- Hires, leads, mentors and coaches’ staff to ensure an engaged, high-performing team.Prepares and conducts performance evaluations.
- Prioritizes efforts to align with organizational priorities while maximizing quality and efficiency.
* Bachelors Degree
Experience: Five years related work experience with AV platforms, room systems design, telehealth support, providing multimedia support for events, conferences, and webinars and distance education required. Experience managing technical teams that perform direct end user support preferred
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!