NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of the Cardiac Catheterization and Electrophysiology Labs. Assists with fluoroscopy, diagnostic angiographic and interventional procedures performed by the Cardiologist in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular patients. Performs any combination of the following duties depending on area assigned.
1. Assists physicians in performing diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures as indicated.
2. Cares for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients during procedures. Prepares patients for examinations. Functions in all roles: as a case recorder, cardiac circulator and scrub assistant.
3. Reports clinical changes in patient condition to the RN or physician.
4. Provides patient and family education and procedural information prior to, during, and following examination.
5. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
6. Appropriately documents all procedures by including labeling and identifying studies, documenting procedure related information in the recording system/medical record, entering charges and preparing DVD of cases per physician request.
7. Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, assisting others, special assignments, cleans work area and replenishes supplies.
8. Provides for patient’s physical and emotional needs in a wide variety of circumstances.
9. Acts as a resource to other staff/department for education and troubleshooting of radiographic equipment.
10. Assists with training of new personnel in the Cath and EP labs.
11. Supports cardiac interventional cases in the Main OR setting as needed.
12. Responsible for oversight of Radiation Safety activities for cardiac Cath Lab, including radiation badge exposure monitoring system, lead evaluation, etc. as assigned.
13. Assists with accreditation and quality improvement activities as requested.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Reg Cardio Vasc Invasive Spec
* Associate Degree
Experience: 2 years of experience as a Cardiac Invasive Technologist preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!