NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC Cafeteria
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Nutrition Services Coordinator for services to include setup, ordering and stocking of supplies, processing of requisitions, equipment and overall area cleanliness. Responsible for all facets of coffee shop service to include: preparation and setup of work stations; efficient service to customers; maintenance of work stations during hours of operation; stocking of serving ware, beverage areas and dining areas; cash handling and product accountability. Performs daily cleaning of coffee shop area, equipment and furnishings insuring compliance with state and county health regulations and accrediting standard.
1. Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting or exceeding the established Standards of Performance.
2. Accounts and maintains orderliness and cleanliness of cafeteria equipment, supplies and storage areas as well as orders and restocks.
3. Maintains a good working relationship with cafeteria customers and accommodates service requests.
4. Assume some cooking responsibilities at the grill, deli/pizza area and innovations station when necessary.
5. Sets up and replenishes food and supplies for cafeteria meal service.
6. Cleans cafeteria equipment, furnishings, and spaces to maintain sanitation standards.
7. Serves/attends to customers courteously and without delay and is immediately available.
8. Operates cash register according to departmental cash procedures, ensuring that all food items are accounted for, rung-up, and cash is collected or items are accurately charged for.
9. Requisitions food and supplies maintaining appropriate stock levels of designated item such as napkins, cups, plastic wares, beverage items, and condiments.
10. Serves menu items using portion control.
11. Properly stores, labels, and dates all food products.
12. Posts menu board items and prices prior to meal service times.
13. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of designated areas such as register stands, beverage, and condiment areas, dining areas, service line areas, and keeping area free of debris.
14. Handles cash and related duties according to departmental policies and procedures.
* Drivers License Class C
* General Education Degree
Experience: One year of food service experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!