Works under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Revenue Cycle to direct the daily operations for the Patient Access Department functions across the organization to effect accurate registrations, point of service collections cash flow, denial avoidance, and patient experience.Serves as a liaison between Patient Access and NHRMC departments, physicians, and patients.This position is responsible for approximately 80 FTEs, and an operating budget of $2 million annually.
1. Provides leadership, direction, planning, and coordination for all daily Patient Access activities.
2. Confirms the accuracy and completeness of daily registrations along with being capable of performing the tasks required of staff.
3. Oversees and coordinates lean initiatives to ensure standardization, problem solving, and achievement of best practices.
4. Establishes department goals and quality review measures.
5. Provides relevant guidance and leadership development tactics for Patient Access management and employees.
6. Informs VP and Revenue Cycle Directors of any issues in the Patient Access areas impacting cash flow or patient experience (e.g., Pre-registration delays, pre-authorization backlogs, staffing issues, etc.).
7. Monitors changes in the regulatory environment and responds accordingly.
8. Accountable for managing the relationship and performance of Patient Access vendors. Reconciles and approves invoices ensuring accuracy of payment.
9. Responsible for the efficient and effective use of departmental resources, ensuring systems, staff, and non-labor costs are within forecast.
10. Maintains excellent working relationships with all organizational areas .
11. Ensures appropriate utilization of resources in providing optimal coverage 24/7 for all Patient Access Areas.
12. Promotes and maintains employee engagement and satisfaction, oversees daily team huddles, and actively rounds on all shifts within the department and participates in an on-call rotation for Patient Access areas for weekends and holidays.