Radiation Therapist - Radiation Oncology-16th St
1988 South 16Th St
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2020
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Radiation Oncology
Department: Radiation Oncology-16th St
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Staff Radiation Therapist is responsible for providing radiation therapy to patients in accordance with the prescription and instructions of the Radiation Oncologist. Works collaboratively with other members of healthcare team.
1. Delivers accurately the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy with minimal supervision.
2. Visually and aurally monitors patient at all times during treatment.
3. Observes patient for unusual reactions and events and reports it to nursing staff and/or radiation oncologist.
4. Documents care appropriately; maintains records of daily treatments and all technical information required.
5. Assists in performing other technical functions of the Radiation Oncology department; simulator, basic dosimetry, localization procedures, preparation of immobilization devices, etc, CT simulator procedures.
6. Obtains weekly port films and presents such at chart rounds for review by Radiation Oncology staff.
7. Participates in department quality performance activities; i.e. performs and documents daily accelerator warm-up and QA procedures.
8. Observes radiation safety measures for patient and personnel at all times.
9. Assumes on-call status on a rotation basis as needed.
10. Participates in timely and efficient admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
11. Attends department conferences and scheduled in-service lectures.
* Reg Radiation Therapist
* Associate Degree
Experience: One to two years experience as ARRT preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!