UP TO $5,000 SIGNING BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION!
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: OR - 17th Street
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Certified Surgical Technologist reports to the Manager And Assistant Managers and works under the supervision of Professional Registered Nurse. Responsible for functioning in the scrub role by preparing the necessary sterile instruments and equipment to be used on the surgical field.
1. Assists other members of the OR team in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care duties.
2. Practices aseptic technique while assisting with all surgical procedures.
3. Ensures the readiness of the surgical suite.
4. Maintains professional standards by participating in in-services, committees, staffing needs.
5. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
6. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
7. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Cert Surgical Technician
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Experience: One year experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.