NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR ROT - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Certified Anesthesia Technician II works under the supervision of the Manager of Anesthesia Support. Certified Anes Tech II’s assist Anesthesiologist and CRNA’s in the preparation and Maintenance of patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems. They assist in acquisition, preparation and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia. They are distinguished by additional training, experience, closer inter-operative support of the anesthesia provider, and familiarity with additional technology and procedures associated with anesthesia of patient at high risk. Completes additional requirements and certifications as described in the job specification.
1. Demonstrates practical knowledge of all monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems and assists in training.
2. Assist the Licensed anesthesia provider with patient assessments, evaluations, transports, positioning, insertion of intravenous and other invasive lines, and airway management.
3. Assists in departmental materials management and serves as a resource person.
4. Maintains and provides preventative maintenance on Anesthesia equipment according to FDA requirements and maintains ASATT certification.
5. Performs all quality controls for Point of Care testing devices.
6. Performs cyclic CAP surveys for all machines under Anesthesia department.
7. Maintains supporting documentation and quality control documentation.
8. Makes available, assembles, and assists with operation of specialized equipment; cell saver, Level One Rapid Infuser, TEE and Intra- Op balloon pump.
9. Trains and recertifies staff on use of anesthesia equipment.
10. Assist with transport of intensive care patients to and from critical care units.
11. Prepare anesthesia related equipment and supplies for subsequent cases including cleaning, setting up and sterilizing.
12. Assists in supervision of anesthesia technician’s activities and training.
13. Assists in in-services.
* Certified Anesthesia Tech
* High School Diploma
Experience: Two (2) years as Anesthesia Technician I. Advanced skills in hemodynamic monitoring and in anesthesia equipment. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!