The NA I works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse to provide patient care within their scope of practice. The patient care activities are individualized for each patient population.
1. Competently performs a variety of patient care activities to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of the patient. Performs Nurse Aide I skills as approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and facility policy.
2. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
3. Organizes, prioritizes, and performs work effectively and efficiently.
4. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance
5. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values of the department
6. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
7. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
9. Responsible for completing a variety of department specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
10. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.