LPN - Physician Specialists OB/GYN
1725 New Hanover Medical Park
Job ID: 19454
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2024
Why Novant Health?
- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Clinics
Department: Physician Specialists OB/GYN
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct patient care under the supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse based on appropriate nursing standards, policies and procedures. Functions under that ANA Standards of Practice and adheres to the guidelines of the NCBON. The Licensed Practical Nurse participates in assessments/data collection and treatments, as delegated by the RN, based on a defined Plan of Care. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. See www.ncbon.com & www.nursingworld.org.
1. Competently provides direct patient care under the supervision of the RN based on appropriate nursing standards, policies and procedures per ANA Standards and the NCBON.
2. Provides reinforcement of appropriate and pertinent patient education to the patient/family according to the Plan of Care to facilitate optimal patient function, independence and health.
3. Effectively and appropriately delegates specific patient care duties to non-licensed members of the nursing team to assure optimal patient outcomes.
4. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
5. Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and profession. 6. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
7. Maintains and adjusted schedule to enhance team performance.
8. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
9. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
10. Ensures that patients are admitted, transferred and discharged in a timely and efficient manner.
11. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Licensed Practical Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: Experience preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.