- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Medical Records
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
As a self-directed, motivated staff member with excellent communication and organizational skills, effectively performs and coordinates the activities of release of information from patients’ medical records. Works in high profile position having frequent communications with patients, physicians’ offices, attorneys, law enforcement officials and third party payors. Works under the general direction of Health Information Management (HIM Coordinator). Ensures responses to requests for medical information are based on internal policy, North Carolina Statutes, licensing standards and federal regulations. Responsible for record filing, storage and retrieval, medical record analysis/reanalysis and document prepping, scanning, and indexing.
1. Performs daily reconciliation of discharge records for accountability.
2. Retrieves and tracks patient medical records and prepares records for off-site storage.
3. Preps, scans, and indexes the electronic medical record and examines pages to verify patient identification on each page.
4. Files appropriate documents in patient’s chart.
5. Review, file and follow up on all medical/surgical inpatient and outpatient records. Files documents in patient medical records.
6. Greets customers and assists with requests of information
7. Enters daily data of all emergency department and outpatient charts for coding as needed.
8. Promptly performs quantitative record analysis and reanalysis on paper, and electronic medical records, assigning deficiencies in CPSI to be completed by physicians and other health care professionals. Follows up with physicians to ensure completion in a professional manner.
9. Maintains cooperative and harmonious relationships with professional staff, co-workers, and other areas of contact.
10. Processes requests for release of information adhering to policy/guidelines and regulations.
- Education: High School diploma required. Preference will be given to the candidate with an Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology. Computer knowledge/training required. Medical terminology preferred.
- Licensure: Prefer RHIT.
- Experience: Two years medical record experience preferred. Electronic Medical Record experience preferred. Basic Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.