- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Environmental Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Environmental Services Coordinator. The Environmental Services Assistant cleans and serves patient, public, departmental and administration areas maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all areas.
1. Assemble cleaning supplies and equipment for transporting safely to designated area. 2. Must be able to perform routine and discharge patient rooms according to department standards. 3. Must be able to perform routine cleaning of all general area and public restrooms. 4. Must be proficient in removal and proper policy of separation of all types of hazardous waste and be able to share that knowledge. 5. Moves furniture for cleaning and meeting set-ups. 6. Demonstrates knowledge of hazardous chemicals and safe use of equipment reporting and malfunctions to coordinator. 7. Promotes customer satisfaction by scheduling cleaning function around patient needs and requests. 8. Must be able to properly demonstrate proficiency in all isolation policies and procedures. 9. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. 10. Performs other related duties as required.
* General Education Degree
1. Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred and knowledge of the English language. Must be able to read and write the English language and follow instructions, both written and verbal.
2. Licensure/Certifications: None
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.