NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC ED BHU
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR NIGHTS- Most of shift btwn 7P-7A
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Patient Personal Care Assistant/Sitter works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse as a Nurse Aide I (NA I) or Nurse Aide II (NA II), to observe a patient for harmful and/or dangerous behaviors and provide patient care within their scope of practice. The patient care activities are individualized for each patient population. This position is an important component of the continuum of care as is provided to maintain the safety and protect the well-being of patients at-risk for injury. The observation and care activities are individualized for each patient at the direction the medical staff. The Patient Personal Care Assistant/ Sitter is also responsible for completing a variety of departmental specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
1. The Patient Personal Care Assistant/Sitter works under the direction of the Professional Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse as a Nurse Aide I (NA I) or Nurse Aide II (NA II) to observe patient behavior, maintain patient safety and competently performs a variety of patient care activities to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of the patient. Performs Nurse Aide I and/or Nurse Aide II skills as approved by the North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry and/or the North Carolina Board of Nursing and facility policy.
2. While sitting, ensures patient is safe from harm and follows protocols for the individualized care plan as directed by the registered nurse.
3. Organizes, prioritizes, and performs work effectively and efficiently.
4. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values of the department.
5. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
6. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
7. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
8. Reports any and all activity outside of established parameters to the Nurse Manager, Professional Registered Nurse, or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse.
9. Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, Professional registered Nurse, or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse, competently performs a variety of basic activities within the NA I scope of practice to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of assigned patient.
10. Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, Professional registered Nurse, or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse, completes a variety of department specific tasks within the NA I and/or NA II (if qualified) scope of practice to assist with department safety and functioning.
11. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
12. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
13. Continues personal development to enhance personal growth on an annual basis.
* General Education Degree
Experience: Experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!