Pacemaker/ICD Tech I - CHA - Heart&Vascular Institute Assoc
1415 Physicians Drive
Job ID: 19428
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2024
Why Novant Health?
- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Heart&Vascular Institute Assoc
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Responsible for assisting with external pacemaker and defibrillator testing and related patient care. Responsible for all clerical duties relating to device charts, appointments and follow up of device patients within the practice. Conveys a positive image of the clinic. May be assigned to specific clinical area (e.g., pacemaker lab, laboratory, check-in, special testing) to assist with patient care. Demonstrates excellent customer service and telephone skills when dealing with patients, referring physician offices and the Central Billing Office both in person and on the telephone.
- Explains procedures and testing preparation to patients using appropriate patient education materials.
- Performs diagnostics on patients (stat and non-stat) in competent and caring manner.
- Explains to patient about when/where results will be shared.
- Prepares/distributes reports following protocol.
- Initiates supply orders for department. Cleans/maintains equipment and initiates repairs.
- Cleans/stocks department based on infection control procedures.
- Completes necessary paperwork including charge slips and device charts.
- Documents information in medical record.
- Notifies physician of any status changes immediately.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Perform device checks according to industry standards while demonstrating clinical competency.
- Utilize sound skills and judgment to appropriately triage patents in clinic and by phone to provide excellent patient care and to ensure appropriate disposition of patients.
- Demonstrates effective and efficient work habits, producing a sufficient amount of quality work while adequately communicating to management the ability to carry out assigned duties in the time allotted or the need for additional duties.
Experience: 1-3 years experience with pacemakers/ICDs
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.