Nurse Aide I - Women's Unit
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 19426
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2024
Why Novant Health?
- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Women's Unit
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The NA I works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse to provide patient care within their scope of practice. The patient care activities are individualized for each patient population.
1. Competently performs a variety of patient care activities to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of the patient. Performs Nurse Aide I skills as approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and facility policy.
2. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
3. Organizes, prioritizes, and performs work effectively and efficiently.
4. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance
5. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values of the department
6. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
7. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
8. Demonstrates the NHRMC’s Standards of Performance & Service and Operational Excellence on the unit.
9. Responsible for completing a variety of department specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
10. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* General Education Degree
Experience: NA experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.