- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Employee Pharmacy
Department: Employee Pharmacy
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN ROTATE - PRN-Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems. Employee will work in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
1. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, delivering and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
2. Triages telephone calls in the pharmacy. Assists customers at the pharmacy window.
3. Processes patient medication charges and credits as needed.
4. Maintains appropriate levels of inventory in dispensing areas. This may include prepackaging or assembly of medications for future dispensing.
5. Performs all basic operations of pharmacy automated systems
a. Including: Automated dispensing machine fulfilment, Central pharmacy automation fulfilment, and basic medication packaging automation
6. Demonstrates basic proficiency in pharmacy computer systems.
7. Performs pharmacy and medication unit inspections.
8. Receives the medication order, puts the order into pharmacy stock, and delivers floor stock to patient care areas in the hospital.
9. Performs all basic operations in the outpatient pharmacy including basic prescription computer system skills, prescription fulfillment and operating the cash register if applicable to position.
10. Obtains and documents accurate and complete patient medication histories if applicable to position.
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* General Education Degree
Experience: Six months of healthcare experience OR Graduated, or will graduate within 30 days of hire, from an ASHP accredited pharmacy technology diploma program. National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) is required. Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy within 90 days of hire date. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.