- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job - This will be a hybrid position working onsite and remotely
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Monday - Friday, business hours
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The Research Financial Analyst is responsible for overseeing all financial activities of the facilities/sites assigned. It is the responsibility of the Clinical Research Financial Analyst to ensure that all financial statements prepared are accurate. The Clinical Research Financial Analyst is also responsible for assisting with overall business planning, budgeting, trend analysis and evaluation of the department’s services and performance.
• Process: Assists clinical research leaders in all aspects of the research finance. Prepares financial reports, as directed by the leader. Creates and maintains research related spreadsheets and databases. Prepares statements and invoices based on services rendered; maintains accounts receivable by processing clinical trial payments and accounts payable reports; invoice matching, data entry and reconciliation of accounts. Assists with contracts and routes for signatures. • Compliance: Tracks patient billing information for each study, procedures covered by the sponsor and vs. standard of care/routine. Performs ongoing audit of patient billing information to ensure correct billing. Performs regular audits of Study Coordinator patient visit data tracking to assure all visits are performed (financial purposes only). Ensures accurate and timely preparation of financial reports for Clinical Research. • Evaluation: Tracks research visits of enrolled subjects to ensure compliance with protocol requirements. Designs, develops and maintains various financial and tracking reports which document revenue generating research visits for all research studies. • Accountability: Works with study coordinators, Regulatory team members, leaders and finance to reconcile any discrepancies in data entered into applicable research systems and EPIC. Prepares statements and invoices based on services rendered every month; maintains accounts receivable by processing sponsor payments and accounts payable reports; invoice matching, data entry and reconciliation of accounts. • Quality Improvement: Resolves any billing issues with Sponsors, Labs, Patients, Shipping companies, etc. • Biller Review • Posting payments • Check deposits • Perform and assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting • Support research team members as needed for special projects. • Build budgets / Complete Coverage analysis • Handle month end activities independently or with minimal supervision • Preparing and analyzing financial information as required • Resolves complex, sensitive, and other non-routine issues related to expenses, reporting and closeout • Assist with development of, adherence to, policies and Standard Operating Procedures • Precept/mentor junior team members • All other duties as assigned
- Education: High school or GED required. 4 years/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Five years of research experience is required or an Associates degree may be substituted for one year of experience or a Bachelor's degree may substitute for 2 years of experience; Master's degree may substitute for 3 years of experience.
- Licensure / Certifications: None required. CRA/ACRP/SOCRA/equivalent preferred.
- Additional Skills/Requirements (required): Excellent communication & customer service skills. Must be self-motivated, able to work independently without constant supervision and a critical thinker. Must be flexible, able to meet deadlines, adaptable to change, detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Additional Skills/Requirements (preferred): Clinical Research administration experience preferred. Experience with budget preparation, business planning, trend analysis, financial analysis, and reports on specified quantitative and qualitative data. Analyzing variances against current budget and prior periods/years. Patient based billing experience preferred.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.