Med Lab Tech - Lab - Microbiology
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 19259
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2024
Why Novant Health?
- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
$15000 Signing Bonus Available!!
Will consider if certification eligible but must be certified with 12 months of start date from ASCP or AMT.
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Lab - Microbiology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Manager. Medical laboratory Technicians are responsible for the procurement of blood and analytical evaluation of blood and other body fluids. All tests must be performed with accuracy and precision. Medical Laboratory Technicians must have working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation including operation, maintenance and troubleshooting. They must perform and record data from quality control procedures. Medical Laboratory Technicians are expected to participate in the education program of the laboratory and must have the ability to make decisions and solve problems. The scope of patient care ranges from neonatal to geriatric patients.
1. Procures specimens and performs, and evaluates waived, moderately complex and highly complex laboratory analysis on blood and other body fluids.
2. Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting procedures.
3. Performs quality control and proficiency testing procedures.
4. Assists Medical Technologists with investigating problems and unusual situations, recommends solutions.
5. Utilizes Medical Center and laboratory computer systems in performance of daily tasks.
6. Participates in the Education Program both within and outside the lab to ensure the highest degree of competency within the established scope of patient care.
7. Assists in the implementation of new methodologies and procedures.
8. Participates in implementation of and compliance with standards set by the Medical Center and regulatory/accrediting agencies.
9. Interfaces with Medical Center personnel, physicians, staff from other facilities relative to test results.
10. Maintains adequate level of reagents/supplies to perform testing.
11. Provides assistance to other staff as needed.
12. Generates appropriate and required documentation of testing and support procedures.
* Med Lab Tech
* Associate Degree
Experience: None required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.