2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 19224
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2024
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
· Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
· Department: Progressive Care Unit
· Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Ctr. – Wilmington, NC
Remarkable Care. Remarkable Careers.
Why become a Registered Nurse at Novant Health?
· Clinical Ladder Program to help you advance your nursing career.
· Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers By State for 2022
· One of the nation’s 150 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review
· Recognized as Leaders in LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign
· One of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion by Disability:IN and the American Association of People with Disabilities
· One of the Best Places for Diverse & Women Managers to Work by Diversity MBA Magazine
· Top ratings in patient safety from The Leapfrog Group
· Quality and safety recognition from CMS
Novant Health is committed to improving the health of its communities, one person at a time. We have a strong focus on innovation and research offering best-in-class technology and clinical care. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable healthcare to all our patients as well as equipping our workforce with the tools and support needed.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time.
The Assistant Nurse Manager works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and/or Administrator. This position provides support to the Manager in daily patient care activities, personnel, and departmental operations. This role includes responsibilities for disciplinary actions, performance reviews and the hiring process. The Assistant Nurse Manager maintains current clinical skills and is competent to support the delivery of care is accountable for assuring quality outcomes and appropriate resource consumption. The Assistant Nurse Manager has the authority to enforce the Standards of Behavior and works to ensure that the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization are upheld on a daily basis. The Assistant Nurse Manager will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager. This is to include weekends and holiday coverage.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
RN, Registered Nurse, Nursing, Nurse RN, Nurse, Hiring Multiple Candidates
If your RN nursing license has been inactive, retired or lapsed for five years or more and you have not been licensed in another state during the last five years, successful completion of a Board approved refresher course is required prior to reactivating or reinstating your license.
To be considered for current licensure status, you must apply for reinstatement within one year of completing the refresher course.