- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
$2500 Signing Bonus Available!!
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
All areas of Pharmacy
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist.As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies.Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems. Employee will work and rotate in all areas of the pharmacy, as directed, and will be required to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following skill sets: Triage/IV Premix, Automated Pre-Packing Machine, Automated Dispensing Cabinets, Basic & Advanced Outpatient Pharmacy, Non-Sterile Compounding, Basic Direct Patient Care, Advanced OR, IV Preparation/ Total Parenteral Nutrition, Advanced Direct Patient Care, Chemotherapy, and Basic OR.
- Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, delivering and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
- Triages telephone calls in the pharmacy .Assists customers at the pharmacy window.
- Processes patient charges and credits as needed.
- Maintains appropriate levels of stock and supplies in dispensing areas. This includes prepackaging or assembly of all types of medications for future dispensing.
- Performs all operations of pharmacy automated systems.
- Performs all basic operations in the outpatient pharmacy including basic computer skills, filling prescriptions and operating the cash register.
- Demonstrates proficiency in pharmacy computer systems.
- Performs pharmacy and medication unit inspections.
- Checks in the medication order, puts the order into pharmacy stock, and delivers floor stock to patient care areas in the hospital.
- Assists in the training and mentoring of new pharmacists, technicians, students, and residents. Provides evaluation feedback on training performance.
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* High School Diploma
Experience: One year experience as a pharmacy technician at NHRMC or four years of hospital pharmacy experience which included IV and Chemotherapy training or graduate of ASHP accredited pharmacy technology associates program.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.