Lab Technical Asst II - Lab - Outpatient Lab
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 19111
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2024
Why Novant Health?
- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Lab - Outpatient Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.500000
Work Type: 32 to 47 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The Technical Assistant II works under the supervision of the department manager and the Lead Technical Assistant to perform a variety of clinical and clerical duties associated with the registration and laboratory testing of patients. The TA II is responsible for specimen collection and performing EKGs in the Outpatient Laboratory department. They are responsible for order verification and placement as well as processing specimens delivered by patients and clients. The TA II facilitates timely and appropriate specimen preparation to facilitate transport to the testing laboratory. They serve as the primary link between the laboratory and the patient. The TA II interacts with physicians, guests, patients and family members, and other Medical Center staff.
- Prepares the patient in a developmentally appropriate manner; properly identifies the patient; collects and processes specimens and EKG tracings.
- Receives, interprets, and processes physician orders for laboratory procedures.
- Perform accurate data entry into hospital and laboratory information systems
- Performs clerical/computer duties as assigned.
- Provides patient and family with verbal and written instructions as appropriate.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, and work area per IPC standards
- Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with team members.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the department program of services.
- Perform daily QC for glucose meter and perform POCT on same.
- May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Cert Phlebotomist
* General Education Degree
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Licensure / Certifications: National phlebotomy certification preferred. Regional phlebotomy certification or national medical assistant/nursing assistant certification acceptable.
Experience: One year experience in a related healthcare setting preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.