510 Carolina Bay Drive
Job ID: 19067
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2024
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855-bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
· Schedule: 8HR Days - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
· Department: Nunnelee Peds Specialty Clinic
· Location: Nunnelee Peds Specialty Clinic – Wilmington, NC
Remarkable Care. Remarkable Careers.
Why become a Licensed Practical Nurse at Novant Health?
· Clinical Ladder Program to help you advance your nursing career.
· Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers By State for 2022
· One of the nation’s 150 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review
· Recognized as Leaders in LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign
· One of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion by Disability:IN and the American Association of People with Disabilities
· One of the Best Places for Diverse & Women Managers to Work by Diversity MBA Magazine
· Top ratings in patient safety from The Leapfrog Group
· Quality and safety recognition from CMS
Novant Health is committed to improving the health of its communities, one person at a time. We have a strong focus on innovation and research offering best-in-class technology and clinical care. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable healthcare to all our patients as well as equipping our workforce with the tools and support needed.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time.
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct patient care under the supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse based on appropriate nursing standards, policies, and procedures. Functions under that ANA Standards of Practice and adheres to the guidelines of the NCBON. The Licensed Practical Nurse participates in assessments/data collection and treatments, as delegated by the RN, based on a defined Plan of Care. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. See www.ncbon.com & www.nursingworld.org.
1. Competently provides direct patient care under the supervision of the RN based on appropriate nursing standards, policies, and procedures per ANA Standards and the NCBON.
2. Provides reinforcement of appropriate and pertinent patient education to the patient/family according to the Plan of Care to facilitate optimal patient function, independence, and health.
3. Effectively and appropriately delegates specific patient care duties to non-licensed members of the nursing team to assure optimal patient outcomes.
4. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
5. Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and profession.
6. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
7. Maintains and adjusted schedule to enhance team performance.
8. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
9. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
10. Ensures that patients are admitted, transferred, and discharged in a timely and efficient manner.
11. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families, and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing, Nurse LPN, Hiring Multiple Candidates
One-year relevant experience, preferred.