- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems. Employee will work in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
1. Maintains and demonstrates superior knowledge in one of the following areas: Pharmacy Automation, Controlled Substances, USP 797/USP800, Direct Patient Care and Medication Safety. 2. Develops and implements training programs for pharmacy technicians. Educate and train staff on operations involving their knowledge area. 3. Assures, via quality monitoring, that operations are performed in accordance to Hospital Policy, Accreditation Standards and Regulation Standards. 4. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, delivering and labeling per established departmental guidelines. 5. Triages telephone calls in the pharmacy. Assists customers at the pharmacy window. 6. Processes patient medication charges and credits as needed. 7. Maintains appropriate levels of inventory in dispensing areas. This includes prepackaging or assembly of all types of medications for future dispensing. 8. Performs all operations of pharmacy automated systems. 9. Performs all basic (basic computer skills, filling prescriptions and operating the cash register) and advanced (order entry and/or direct patient care) operations in the outpatient pharmacy if applicable to position. 10.Demonstrates proficiency in pharmacy computer systems 11.Performs pharmacy and medication unit inspections. 12.Receives the medication order, puts the order into pharmacy stock, and delivers floor stock to patient care areas in the hospital. 13.Obtains and documents accurate and complete patient medication histories if applicable to position. 14.Assists in the training and mentoring of new pharmacists, technicians, students, and residents. Provides evaluation feedback on training performance. 15.Performs other pharmacy-related duties as assigned.
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Associate Degree
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Highest level of education must be an associate degree or higher (see details in experience below).
2. Licensure / Certifications: National Pharmacy Technician Certification is required. Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy within 90 days of hire date.
3. Experience: Associate degree (or higher) OR ASHP accredited associate’s degree in pharmacy technology required AND A. Three years of experience as a pharmacy technician at NHRMC OR B. Five years of healthcare experience prior to hire
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Hand-eye coordination; clear speech; knowledge of computer applications.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Adheres strictly to the Standards of Performance and Service Excellence established by New Hanover Regional Medical Center. A) Ownership – Each employee is responsible for the outcome of his or her efforts and actions. Our work is a reflection of ourselves as caring professionals. B) Teamwork – We have a common purpose – serving our patients and community. Our coworkers are our teammates. With everyone contributing, our job performance will excel. C) Communication – We listen to our customers and teammates to fully understand their needs. Our messages should be delivered with courtesy, clarity and care. D) Compassion – Our desire is to meet our customers’ needs with the utmost compassion, care and courtesy.
6. Essential Physical Requirements: Performs repetitive motions including bending, twisting, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and to push rolling carts weighing up to 150 pounds daily. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances. Requires specific visual abilities including close vision, depth perception and ability to focus. Physical job demands may be subject to possible modifications as the need arises.
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Has the ability to perform pharmacy calculations, maintain records, maintain inventories and comprehend medical terminology.
8. Essential Sensory Requirements: Is detail oriented and recognizes the need for accuracy and quality when performing an activity within the department of pharmacy.
9. Exposure to Hazards: hazardous chemicals.
10. Other - Hours of Work: Works various schedules including days, evenings, holidays and third shift to meet the departmental staffing needs.
11. Population Served: Technicians will have the ability
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.