- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
$15,000 Signing Bonus Available!!
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR NIGHT - Most of shift btwn 7P-7A
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Manager. As directed by a physician, administers a variety of simple and complex treatments and tests. Collaborates with medical director and multidisciplinary teams to develop and execute individualized treatment plans for program participants. Responsible for the competent delivery of all routine and emergent respiratory care services as described in the Respiratory Care policy and procedure manual. Explains purpose and procedure of treatments, tests and equipment to patients. Records all pertinent information of treatments, including patient response in the patient’s chart.
1. Administers to patients a variety of simple and complex respiratory modalities such as emergency airway procedures, therapeutic gases, medications, etc. as described in the Respiratory Care policy and procedure manual.
2. Consult with medical director, referring physicians and other healthcare professionals to help develop, execute and modify program participants individualized treatment plans.
3. Records response to individualized treatment plans and test results on patient’s charts when performed.
4. Cleaning and disinfection of respiratory equipment and accessories.
5. Performs related duties such as assisting physicians with special procedures.
6. Provides direct patient care to all patients adolescent to geriatric, including evaluation and treatment.
7. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
8. Helps guide and develop new initiatives, policies, equipment trials or education sessions.
9. Must be ACLS certified and able to respond to code blue.
10. Will precept and orientate new employees and students.
11. Must be able to understand basic exercise principles and physiological responses to exercise in pulmonary patients.
12. Educate other members of the health care team i.e.; Physicians, RN’s etc. Conduct in-services as assigned.
13. Participate in appropriate continuing education.
* Lic Resp Care Practitioner
* Reg Respiratory Therapist
* Associate Degree
Experience: 2 years preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.