NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Heart&Vascular Institute Assoc
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: Corporate Exempt Position
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the general direction of practice administrator, this employee is an essential member of the health care team working with other medical professionals to provide quality health care to patients. This person is in a supervisory capacity and provides leadership, structure, guidance, support, and direct supervision of the clinical office staff.
1. Provide leadership, structure, support and direct supervision of the clinical office staff and any other staff as assigned
2. Together with the practice administrators and physicians, set up protocols and procedure to be followed to meet the needs of the physicians and the practice
3. Determine the roles for each member of the clinical office staff and any other staff as assigned
4. Assist with patient care with physicians and physician extenders, when necessary or requested
5. Act as facilitator to resolve minor issues and questions of the physicians concerning the patient flow, patient scheduling, medical supplies, etc.
6. Complete other tasks assigned by the practice administrators such as time cards, special projects, assisting in hiring of new employees, and implementing new protocols
7. Responsible for conducting monthly staff meetings and attending regularly scheduled manager group meetings
8. Responsible for reviewing employees’ performance, providing timely evaluations (90 days, annual, and at all other times as necessary), and following disciplinary process procedures for employees
9. Capable of working under pressure and is able to direct staff during emergencies
10. Ability to direct staff on professional and clinical aspects of safe medical care for patients
11. Test emergency equipment regularly and makes sure that all employees are properly trained on emergency equipment and procedures
12. Responsible for teaching and training employees on any new procedures and/or new equipment and providing ongoing continuing education on procedures and equipment; troubleshoots all equipment failures
13. Conduct orientation for new clinical employees to inform them of the organization’s policies, procedures and equipment
14. Ability to work well and effectively with others
15. Maintain current manuals on procedures, protocols, etc with access by employees
16. Prepare monthly work schedule for employees and update as necessary
17. Maintain patient confidentiality; Handle confidential matters for the physicians
18. Responsible for maintenance of crash cart
19. Oversee clinical area and takes any necessary measures to be sure that the overall workings of that area function smoothly and efficiently. Fill in for all clinical positions as the patient load or need requires (e.g. staff shortages, employees out sick, PTO, etc)
20. Acts as a liaison between the clinical department and other departments in problem solving
21. Makes recommendations to the practice administrators regarding equipment repairs and upgrades; troubleshoots for all employees to insure maintenance of all clinical equipment
Education: BS or AD in Nursing
Licensure / Certifications: Current North Caroling RN License, Current CPR, Annual CME as required
Experience: Must possess knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas: Treadmills, basic life support certifications, emergency triage, EKG’s, apply Holter monitors, OSHA regulations, basic Medicare and insurance rules, and knowledge of the nursing process
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!