NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Emergency Management
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Emergency Management Coordinator performs professional and administrative work in preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation for the Emergency Management department and the Southeastern Healthcare Coalition. Duties include: establish, coordinate, and implement educational training programs that align with National Standards and the NHRMC goals and objectives. This position will be responsible for maintaining a rotating on-call status to support the Emergency Management Program. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with various state, regional and local agencies with regards to emergency preparedness and planning. This person is responsible for delivery of appropriate, discretionary and independent judgments.
1. Assesses, plans, develops, implements and evaluates the educational needs of the network in a variety of settings. Actively participates in providing on-going continuing education programs to meet the needs of the organization to meet or exceed OSHA, NFPA, and other National Standards.
2. Coordinate the development of educational programs to support the Emergency Management Program and the Southeastern Healthcare Coalition. Programs include, but are not limited to, Hospital Decontamination, First Responder Decontamination, WebEOC, State Medical Assistance Team (SMAT) Operations, and Incident Management Team Training.
3. Maintains training records for educational programs.
4. Conducts and participate in annual competency exams and skills assessments.
5. Works closely with NHRMC Managers and Directors to scheduling training to support the Emergency Management Program.
6. Assist the Manager of Hospital Emergency Preparedness with daily operations.
7. Assumes leadership role in coordinating efforts in the improvement of Emergency Management Program throughout the network with committees, workgroups, and task forces.
8. Coordinate with the Healthcare Preparedness Manager and the SMAT Leader regarding educational needs to support the SMAT program and the Healthcare Coalition.
9. Responsible for rotating on-call coverage for hospital and regional emergencies. Duties include planning, implementation and on-site work.
10. Responsible for assisting with the emergency planning, including drills and exercises.
11. Responds appropriately using discretion and independent judgment to a wide variety of requests to maintain efficient and consistent levels of preparedness.
12. Provides assistance to the command staff during a local event that requires the activation of the NRHMC command center.
13. Assumes responsibility for operations in the absence of the Manager of Hospital Emergency Preparedness or the Healthcare Preparedness Manager.
14. Attends administrative staff meetings as scheduled or directed.
15. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values of the department. Participates in day-to-day departmental activities and performs other duties as needed and assigned.
16. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
* Registered Nurse
* Drivers License Class C
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Bachelor or Associate's degree required (Emergency Management, Business, Healthcare, or Education preferred).
2. Licensure / Certifications: Valid EMT-P and/or Registered Nurse, other clinical experience considered. Specialty Certifications Preferred: NIMS 100, 200, 300, 400, and 700, required within 6 months of employment. Current/Valid State Drivers License within 30 days of employment and meets NHRMC’s driving requirements.
3. Experience: Minimum of five years with a paid emergency service, emergency management, or healthcare agency preferred. Experience in developing and implementing educational programs preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!