NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.0
Work Schedule: 9HR DAY
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Under the general supervision of the Prescription Tech. Coordinator/ Corp. Clinical Manager, the prescription technician’s primary function is to accommodate patient and provider requests for prescription management and continuity of care by receiving incoming telephone call, in person, electronic, fax and MyChart requests from patients, pharmacies, providers, and other ancillary medical providers, under the direct supervision of the providers and protocols and policies of New Hanover Medical Group and the NC Controlled Substance Registry.
- Utilize standard work in performance of all prescription tech task including telephone and voicemail prescription requests, faxed prescription request from pharmacies, electronic work queue requests through On Base, and MyChart prescription request in a competent comprehensive timely manner.
- Including accurate review of medical record and thorough documentation when fulfilling patient requests for prescription refills including sample requests. Clarify any inaccuracies with provider team or patient when necessary to ensure patient safety.
- Use AIDET and excellent customers service to answer all patient concerns as related to prescription refill requests and concerns.
- Comply with the NCCSR/PDMP standard of documentation and compliance per NHMG prescription policy.
- Complete Prior Authorization accurately and correctly and in a timely manner.
- Take direction from Prescription Tech Coordinator to assist other prescription tech team member when necessary, keeping a team approach to adequately meet the patients needs and expectations.
- Assist in Emergency situations as directed by location Clinical Manager.
- Utilize Work Force Management time system to accurately and responsibly log arrival, departure and lunch break entries as directed by work summary schedule or coordinator related to work hours and assignments.
- Always demonstrate compliance of professional dress code including name badge and good hygiene.
- Attend monthly location staff meeting and prescription tech team meeting as designated.
Perform additional duties as designated or assigned by direct supervisor or management.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Previous pharmacy tech experience required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure / Certifications: None
Experience: Prior experience is Required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award-winning team!