Surgical Technology Extern - CF - Surgery/OR
This job posting is no longer active.
5301 Wrightsville Avenue
Job ID: 17288
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CF - Surgery/OR
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.400000
Work Type: 32 to 47 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Surgical Technology Student in the Operating Room is responsible for functioning in the scrub role by preparing the necessary sterile instruments and equipment to be used on the surgical field.
Under the supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse, assists in the following: 1. Aids other members of the OR team in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care duties. 2. Practices aseptic technique while assisting with all surgical procedures. 3. Ensures the readiness of the surgical suite. 4. Maintains professional standards by participating in in-services and staffing needs. 5. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines. 6. Participates in performance improvement initiatives. 7. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. 8. Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. • Surgical Technology Extern: Applicant currently enrolled in a Surgical Technology Program. Has successfully completed all clinical training as defined by the Surgical Technology Program. • Surgical Technology Intern: applicant to enroll and complete non-degree accredited certification of completion for Surgical Technologist and complete generic and department-specific skill validation and competency testing and successful completion of surgical technologist specific skills labs and competency testing. 2. Licensure / Certifications: BCLS required 3. Experience: *None
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!