NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CF - Plant Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Maintenance Services. Takes direction from Manager of Maintenance Services or Electrical Foreman. Performs installations, repairs and PM’s on electrical and all trade systems as required. Works independently or as team member. Is responsible for assuring that installations, repairs and maintenance are performed in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, local and state codes and regulations.
1. Reads understands and complies with facility and departmental policies and procedures, including infection control, hazardous materials, asbestos locations and all applicable job related regulatory and safety precautions.
2. Performs repairs and installations on electrical and related systems and equipment. When directed coordinates and oversees related contracted services. Works independently or as part of a multi-trade maintenance team.
3. Responds to utility failures in accordance to policy, taking, if necessary, prudent action to safeguard the life and safety of patients, visitors and other staff members.
4. Performs work orders and assignments according to priority, customer convenience scheduling, obtains and prepares materials necessary to perform work in the most expeditious and cost effective manner possible.
5. Performs planned maintenance (PM’s) on required assigned systems and equipment. Maintains legible, accurate, organized records that can be easily interpreted by co-workers.
6. Communicates pertinent information in a professional manner to co-workers and customers to assure work flow is seamless and customer disruption is minimal.
7. Complies with required educational programs. Completes necessary documentation and clerical work. Maintains and accounts for tools. Keeps a clean and organized work area.
8. Assures that all work is done in compliance with current codes and regulatory agencies and all required permits are secured prior to start of job.
9. Provides instruction to, and fills in for, co-workers when necessary.
* Electrical Journeyman Cert
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
1. Education: High School Degree or equivalent, formal training or certification in Electrical trade. Multi-trade training preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Electrical Journeyman’s Certification required.
3. Experience: Minimum of ten years as an electrician or in a multi-trade position, which includes electrical control work. Experience in a health care environment preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.ber or in a related field such as pipefitting. Supervisory experience in a health care environment preferred.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!