NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: BioMedical Engineering
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Imaging Specialist functions as part of the Biomedical Engineering team providing medical equipment and technology maintenance services for New Hanover Regional Medical Center. The majority of this job is hands-on equipment preventive and corrective maintenance primarily on diagnostic imaging and Nuclear Medicine equipment and secondarily on other medical equipment. Additional aspects of the job are administrative and consultative: participating in equipment and resource planning and allocation; doing research, providing technical consultation, assistance, and training to clinical and other organizational personnel; participating on project, construction and perpetual quality improvement teams involving technology; managing vendor service; and coordinating special projects and activities in assigned service areas.
1. Works as a member of the Bio-med team so a high level of communication, cooperation, and coordination are required to complete work, share information, allocate resources, develop policies and procedures, resolve problems, and pursue quality/performance improvement opportunities.
2. Functions under continual time pressures: to respond to stat calls; to identify and correct problems; to return critical equipment and systems to service.
3. Performs and documents preventive maintenance inspections on assigned equipment to include physical, functional, calibration, and electrical safety checks
4. Performs incoming inspections of all medical equipment items entering the system including new, leased, loaned, rented, physician or patient owned.
5. Serves as a contact person and coordinator of activities and information for assigned service areas. Interacts with service area personnel, services on work teams as needed; Communicates status of service area activities to Bio-med manager, supervisor and/or team as appropriate.
6. Documents all operator induced equipment problems and follow-up corrective activity on work order. Instructs individuals and groups of equipment users on proper and safe use of equipment on informal ad hoc basis. Schedules formal in-service training programs, coordinates, and attends vendor training; provides follow-up to vendor training. Research, develop and teach operator training programs as required.
7. Coordinates new equipment evaluations in conjunction with Bio-med manager and user departments. Provides technical assessment and recommendations on purchase options.
8. Coordinates new equipment installations including: receiving, acceptance testing, cable pulling, physical installation, coordination of maintenance and vendor installation activities, operator education and excess equipment removal.
9. Job may require personnel to drive a hospital own vehicle to maintain offsite equipment. A copy of your driver’s license will be kept for departmental competency records and updated annually. If a hospital vehicle is not available personal vehicles may be used in accordance with hospital policy. All mileage on personal vehicles will be reimbursed per hospital policy.
* Drivers License Class C
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Requires AS/AA Degree with two years of electronics, electrical engineering technology, biomedical engineering technology, biomedical technology, or equivalent education. Bachelors Degree preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Valid Drivers license required.
3. Experience: Requisite industry experience with 5 year of healthcare experience related to noninvasive medial imaging equipment. This position is geared toward, but not exclusive to the repair of Siemens vascular, with a strong understanding of Siemens service diagnostics. Nuclear Medicine and knowledge of Siemens MRI and CT is a plus. Experience in General Electric equipment is a plus. The ability to interface at all organizational levels within a healthcare setting and technical knowledge of all major Radiology and Oncology equipment is essential to success in this role. Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, diagrams, service manuals, specifications and related documents require. Must be competent in operating computer software programs. (i.e. MS excel, MS work and well as equipment specific relational databases).
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!