Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Emergency Management
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Reports to and works under the supervision of the VP and Chief of Emergency Services. Provides planning and oversight for activities related to the Network’s clinical emergency preparedness as well as Regional Disaster Emergency Preparedness, including both internal and external event responses. Insures the Network’s disaster preparedness plan is compliant with JCAHO, Federal, State, DFS and NCOEMS regulations. Provides necessary project management and support for all emergency preparedness sub-committees. Oversight of the Network’s grants process to locate and apply for appropriate grants that would benefit the region and the Network, including, but not limited to, ASPR, DHS and CDC programs.
1. Provides supervision for Regional Disaster Preparedness employees, including grant disaster funding. Insures excellent customer service to SERAC agencies and compliance with applicable CMS and federal guidelines.
2. Works with EMS, CCT, Trauma Services and ED leadership staff in meeting organizational needs.
3. Responsible for ensuring that all Joint Commission guidelines for Network’s Emergency Preparedness standards are communicated and met throughout the network. Assists the Network’s leadership in the design, coordination and implementation of emergency preparedness plans, procedures and training.
4. Supports the implementation and ongoing education of the Hospital Emergency Incident Command System throughout the organization, including security and safety, communications, training, operations, logistics, planning and finance.
5. Develops and maintains the network’s Emergency Management Plan Manual, ensuring JCAHO as well as local, state and federal regulation compliance and reviews/updates the manual at least annually.
6. Coordinates, executes and critiques a minimum of two Emergency Preparedness network wide drills per year.
7. Works with the medical center’s education department to design, develop, coordinate and implement network wide training specific to the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
8. Provides assistance to Pender Hospital as needed in maintaining emergency preparedness standards.
9. Works with local and national experts to ensure that emergency preparedness equipment and supplies are available and in good working order. Coordinates and summarizes all capital and significant operational budget requests to support emergency preparedness.
10. Participates with internal and external task forces, committees and agencies regarding emergency preparedness including those at the hospital, local, regional and state levels.
11. Prepares and submits annual management reports for hospital administration and outside regulatory agencies.
12. Maintains a positive working relationship with all agencies internally and externally involved in Disaster Preparedness Planning.
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare or related field required. RN or Paramedic preferred.
2. Licensure/Certification: None
3. Experience: Four years experience with disaster planning, emergency management or emergency preparedness required. Communications/dispatch experience required, and air medical flight communications experience preferred.