NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiology - CT Scanner
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Department Manager and Lead CT Technologist. Performs duties related to Radiology records retention such as filing, loaning, tracking, completing records, etc. Assists technologists in the performance of imaging procedures ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
1. Cares for patients before, during and after procedures.
2. Provides patient and family members with needed examination information explaining preps and procedures prior to their performance.
3. Prepares patients for their exams.
4. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
5. Transports patients for all Radiology sections by stretcher, bed, wheelchair, or walking and provides care for patients during transportation and in department.
6. Assists technologist in post processing and image manipulation of patient data for Radiologist interpretation.
7. Gathers data from departmental records. Prepares jackets and forms, operates computer terminal to input and retrieve data. Insure completeness of Radiology records through use of “Flexi-Rad” Radiology Information System.
8. Performs related duties such as assisting others, special assignments, cleans work area and replenishing supplies.
9. This position is responsible for the care of patients in all stages of life.
* Certified First Responder
* High School Diploma
Experience: Basic computer skills with preference to candidate with knowledge of a Radiology Information system. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!