NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Interventional Radiology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN Flexible Scheduling
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Service Line Manager and Lead Technologist. Assists the Radiologist and Neurointerventionalist with diagnostic angiography, interventional and neuro interventional procedures performed for the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Performs any combination of the following duties depending on area assigned.
1. Performs all diagnostic, interventional, and neuro-interventional procedures.
2. Assists physician with diagnostic angiographic procedures, as well as complex vascular and nonvascular interventional, therapeutic, and neuro interventional procedures; maintains a sterile field.
3. Prepares and positions patient prior to procedure and remains at bedside throughout the procedure.
4. Reports changes in the patient condition to appropriate personnel for follow-up.
5. Provides education to patient and family regarding procedure. Transports patients as needed.
6. Administers contrast media per established medication review protocols.
7. Documents procedural related information, performs radiographic image post-processing, and inputs procedural charges.
8. Performs related duties such as cleaning work area, replenishing supplies, assisting others, and reporting equipment malfunctions.
9. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Associate Degree
Experience: 1-2 years as an Interventional Radiology technologist, preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!