NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Company Police
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Criminal Investigator works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager or Company Police. The Criminal Investigator is responsible for all investigations of criminal activity at the Network. Manages the system for uniforms, impact weapons and other associated police equipment.
1. Manages an investigative caseload which involves determining violations of criminal statutes; interview victims and witnesses; analyzes documents; writes reports, summaries, and documents to be presented in court; arrests and interrogates offenders; provides testimony in Grand Jury, District Court and Superior Court. 2. Reviews documents submitted by subordinates to insure preparedness for the District Attorneys Office. 3. Conducts internal investigations as directed by the Chief and reports findings directly to the Chief. 4. Maintains a working knowledge of management, policies/procedures, and SOPs. 5. Responsible for uniforms, impact weapons and other associated police equipment systems. Coordinates requests for preventative maintenance/repairs of equipment and vehicles. 6. Develops and maintains department equipment, supplies, provisions for disaster planning. 7. Knowledgeable of city, county, state and federal laws and ordinances, taking appropriate actions in compliance with these laws and ordinances. Keeps the Officers informed of changes in applicable ordinances and/or local, state, and federal laws. 8. Provides backup to Officers if there are unusual events requiring additional Officers. Serves as designee to assist Chief with management on call twenty-four hours a day.
* Drivers License Class C
* N.C. Sworn Police Officer
* General Education Degree
* Associate Degree
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree preferred.
Licensure/Certifications: Advanced Law Enforcement Certification preferred. Company Police Agency: Sworn position IAW NC General Statutes Chapter 74E. Must be eligible and obtain certification as Company Policy Officer within (1) year from hire date. American Heart Association HS (Heart Saver) is required. NC Basic Law Enforcement Training Certification is required if not sworn officer at the time of hire. Heartsaver/AED required. Must hold a Supervisor level certification from IAHSS or become certified within 6 months of hire.
Experience: Minimum of 5years as a law enforcement officer. Prefer a minimum of three years as a criminal investigator with extensive training in the investigation field, to include property crimes, sexual assaults, interrogations and interviews, narcotic investigations, and financial crimes. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!