Works under the supervision of the Manager of Maintenance Services. Takes direction from Manager of Maintenance Services or HVAC Foreman. Performs installations, repairs and PM’s on HVAC systems, and all trades systems as required. Works independently or as team member. Is responsible for assuring that repairs and maintenance are performed in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, local and state code and regulations. Performs other duties as required.
1. Reads, understands and complies with facility and departmental policies and procedures including infection control, hazardous materials, asbestos locations and all applicable job related regulatory and safety precautions.
2. Performs repairs and installations on HVAC and related systems and equipment. When directed coordinates and oversees related contracted services. Works independently or as part of a multi trade maintenance team.
3. Responds to utility failures in accordance to policy, taking, if necessary, prudent action to safeguard the life and safety of patients, visitors and other staff members.
4. Performs work orders and task according to priority, customer convenience scheduling, obtaining and preparing materials necessary to perform work in the most expeditious and cost-effective manner possible.
5. Performs planned maintenance (PM’s) on assigned systems and equipment. Maintains legible, accurate, organized records that can be easily interpreted by co-workers.
6. Communicates pertinent information in a professional manner to co-workers and customers to provide seamless feedback in reference to work request issues.
7. Complies with required educational programs. Maintains necessary records and clerical work. Maintains tools and tool inventories. Keeps a clean and organized work area.
8. Assures that all work is done in compliance with current codes and regulatory agencies and all required permits are secured prior to start of job.
9. Provides instruction to, and fills in for, co-workers when necessary.
10. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.