NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NH Resource Support Team
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN ROTATE - PRN-Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The team member’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how to contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. At Novant Health, people are our business. We treat each other with respect and compassion. We embrace the differences in our strengths while fostering an environment of inclusion, empowerment, inspiration and courage. The team member will use Novant Health’s First Do No Harm (NHFDNH) safety behaviors/error prevention tools and high reliability strategies as appropriate to ensure a safe, remarkable patient experience.
The Emeritus Registered Nurse (E-RN) uses accumulated knowledge over the course of a career to provide support to nursing team members in specific areas of strategic priority related to safety, quality, patient satisfaction, and team member engagement.
1. Provides support to nursing team members in specific areas of strategic priority related to safety, quality, patient satisfaction, and team member engagement, at the directions of, and under the supervision of, department leaders.
2. Requests and assesses assignment with skill and abilities in collaboration with unit leaders.
3. Accepts various assignments as delegated; examples include, but not limited to: Safety - round for patient safety, respond to alarms, and monitor patients during off-unit transports; Quality - round for problem-prone quality areas, complete audits/gather data, participate in unit process improvement projects, and assist unit with regulatory readiness; Patient satisfaction - round proactively for patient needs, respond to patient call bells, support admission, transfers, and discharge processes, assist with IV’s (preparing/disconnecting/removing), dispensing PRN medications (only as directed or prescribed) assist with ambulation, obtain and record patient vitals, follow-up with discharged patients via telephone, send Get Well Soon/Congratulations cards to discharged patients
4. Team member engagement - provide unit-level in-services, serve as unit expert such as Dimensions Nurse Champion, cover patient assignment for team member meal breaks, serve as primary or secondary preceptor for new nurses, mentor nurse residents and other nurses on the unit, and participate in/lead unit shared governance activities.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Education: Associate's, Diploma, or Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
Experience: 10+ years Required. Retired from full or part time nursing career.
Licensure/Certification: RN Required.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!