NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Heart&Vascular Institute Assoc
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: Corporate Exempt Position
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The RN Coordinator-Cardiac Program-CHA works under the direction of the Provider on duty. The RN has responsibility and accountability for the provision of patient care. The RN communicates and coordinates the patient’s care in an interdisciplinary model. The RN manages and delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN applies critical thinking skills to resolve problems. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. The RN demonstrates leadership to other members of the team as a resource nurse, mentor, coach and delegates nursing care activities. The RN assumes accountability for his or her own ongoing learning needs and competency.
Responsibility I: NHRMC Standards of Performance
• Ownership – responsible for all outcomes of efforts and actions
• Teamwork – demonstrates a willingness to assist co-workers and to accept additional assignments as requested to support the department efficiently by acting as a team player and working well with others
• Communication – acknowledge patients and co-workers, listen attentively while maintaining eye contact and speaking to them directly and respectfully
• Compassion – Be an advocate for patients, families and teammates. Show them you care and always follow up.
Responsibility II: Patient Care
• Assumes responsibility for cardiac program clinic patient flow within the office setting
• Review cardiac program clinic patient schedule in advance to identify patients at higher risk for readmission with education needs with physician and plan for clinical day
• When applicable, escort patient to treatment room and perform basic routine testing
• Inform patients of results of testing and ongoing treatment plan after review with physician
• Answer / triage all clinical issues as deemed appropriate by the physician
• Ensures that patients have follow up testing and appointment with physician
• Develops a working relationship with referring physicians
Responsibility III: Clinical
• Performs nursing assessments to gather data and identify the patient’s needs for each episode of care
• Coordinates and communicates patient care needs for discharge planning in patient care conferences and with members of the health care team.
• Develop and implement an individualized plan of nursing care with the patient and family that will address the patient and family identified needs and concerns
• Collaborates with physicians and other health team members in coordinating the plan of care and facilitating patient outcomes
• Implements and evaluates the patient’s response to care through assessment and reassessment and updates the plan of care
• Provides care based on established standards of practice, policies and protocols
• Demonstrates leadership by providing information as a resource nurse, mentor and coach
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills for problem solving and anticipating patient care needs.
• Documents assessments, delivery of care and patient’s response to care in the medical record
• Provide information and facilitates patient/family teaching
• Assisting the physician with exams and minor office surgery
• Maintaining supplies, equipment, stocking and sterilizing instruments
• Recording accurate refrigerator temperature logs daily, as well as spore testing on Autoclave’s
• Disposing of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards
• Performing accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times
• Maintains compliancy within regulatory agencies such as HIPAA, OSHA and CLIA and JCAHO if applicable
Responsibility IV: Accountability of Patient Care
• Ensures that patients have all information and questions answered about their health and treatments received, to include future treatment plans
• Completes all documentation for observation, planning and evaluation of care provided to patients
• Assumes responsibility for tracking patient through radiology, laboratory and all other referrals
• Assists physician with History and Physical
• Logs and tracks outbound patient referrals to be reported to Site Manager
• Works with pharmacies and insurance companies on prior authorizations as needed
• Responsible for inventory of all sample medications, perform monthly inventory on expired medications, reports and disposes of accordingly
Responsibility V: General Practice Duties
• Must maintain a current state license, including CPR
• Must have physical exam and annual TB skin testing
• Provide telephone coverage / daily patient call backs
• Assist front office staff with filing and other clerical needs
• PHI – refrain from discussing Patient Health Information in public in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and policies
• Ability and flexibility to cover various medical offices when needed
• Adheres to departmental dress codes as observed by director and wears picture identification badge, 100% of the time.
• Maintains continuing education requirements as required.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: At least 2 years’ previous cardiology/critical care experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!