NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care Neo/Peds
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN ROTATE - PRN-Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
In addition to the general requirements of the primary job description, the following will apply to Registered Respiratory Therapists working in Betty H. Cameron Women’s and Children’s (W&C) Hospital:
1. Reports directly to the manager of Respiratory Care for Women’s and Children’s hospital.
2. Following orientation the Respiratory Care Practitioner(RCP) agrees to staff W&C units for at least 1 year before transferring to adult care respiratory department.
3 New employees will be Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT), and in place of ACLS, will obtain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support(PALS) within 6 months of hire date. All staff will maintain active NRP and PALS. Neonatal-Pediatric Specialist Credential (NPS) is strongly recommended, and other specialty certifications are encouraged.
4. Able to effectively care for patients in all areas of Women’s and Children’s hospital. Provides care to pediatric patients in the Emergency Department or the Pediatric Specialty Clinic, when required.
5. Responds to high-risk infant deliveries when assigned.
6. RCP assigned to Pediatric Intensive Care Unit will respond to Codes and Rapid Response calls in W&C hospital. Adult Respiratory Care department coordinator or charge therapist will assign backup.
7. Staff identified as transport-capable will participate in neonatal or pediatric ground transports when assigned. Complies with all mandates and regulations required by state licensure for ground transport personnel.
8. Helps guide and develop new initiatives, policies, equipment trials, or education sessions.
9. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support the patient experience and principles of service excellence.
* Lic Resp Care Practitioner
* Reg Respiratory Therapist
* Associate Degree
Experience: 2 years preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!